A new tablet from Huawei officially lands in the Philippines, the Huawei MatePad. This is the mid-range brother of the higher end model Huawei MatePad Pro. Let’s see what’s new on Huawei’s latest tablet.
For starters, the Huawei MatePad features a 10.4-inch IPS display with a QHD+ resolution. The screen has an aspect ratio of 5:3 with a pixel density of 224ppi which supports the Huawei M-Pencil. Also, users will appreciate its four speakers tuned by Harman Kardon.
Under the hood, the Huawei MatePad is powered by the 7nm Kirin 810 SoC with 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage, expandable up to 512GB. Built in to the tablet is a 7250mAh battery with 18-watt fast charging technology via USB-C. It’s running EMUI 10.1 based on Android 10 with Huawei Mobile Services (HMS). This version of EMUI features MeeTime video calls which for online is perfect for classes and meetings.
On the rear, the Huawei MatePad is using a single 8-megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash while the front facing camera has an 8-megapixel ultrawide angle camera.
The official price of the Huawei MatePad is P20,990. You can get a free Huawei M-Pencil, Flipcover and AppGallery perks, with a total worth of P8,170 if you pre-order from July 31 – August 2, 2020.
HUAWEI MatePad Specifications
- 10.4-inch IPS Display with 5:3 Aspect Ratio
- 7nm Kirin 810 SoC and Mali-G52 GPU
- 4GB RAM + 64GB Storage expandable up to 512GB
- 8-megapixel Rear Camera with Autofocus and LED Flash
- 8-megapixel Front Facing Ultrawide Angle Camera
- 7250mAh Battery with 18-watt Fast Charging Technology
- EMUI 10,1 based on Android 10 with Huawei Mobile Services
- WiFi, Dual Band, Hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB-C
- Color Availability: Midnight Grey